On my quest for no tan this summer (read more about that here and here) I went to Target (as my bank account cringed) looking for the best smelling, most lotion-like sunscreen that I could use every day.
I opted for SPF 50 although it comes in SPF 15 and SPF 30. I’ve been applying every morning and although I’m on track to blow through 10 bottles this summer, at least I’ll always smell like a tropical breeze!
- Did you know that most people only apply 25-50% of the amount of sunscreen they actually need to protect their skin?
- On a cloudy day, 80% of the suns harmful rays can pass through the clouds.
- The sand reflects 25% of the suns rays.
- Water-proof sunscreen doesn’t exist! It can be water-resistant, but any sunscreen will come off a bit in the water. As of June 2012, no sunscreens are allowed to say water-proof on the label.
- You need one shot glass worth of sunscreen to cover your entire body.
Overall, I’d highly recommend this product. It’s perfect to replace your regular lotion and protect you all summer long.