Puppies ruin your diet.
I’m going to go ahead and assume that babies do the same thing.
Since Archie came home, we dedicate at least 70% of our time and attention to him (when he’s awake). That remaining 30% is spent enjoying each others company or relaxing on the couch.
We haven’t been to the gym and have been eating crap.
No seriously, I’ve ordered pizza at LEAST 4 times in 2 weeks.
(Try the new deep dish Dominos, you won’t regret it!)
Part of the issue is this:
I’m a vegetarian.
And I just never have any good meal ideas.
I need some quick, go-to meals that I can whip up in about 20 minutes or less.
And I need simple ingredients.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to make something that looks delicious and found out I need something totally ridiculous like fresh mint or curry paste. WTF. Those are not staples that people just keep in their kitchen.
So tell me, Moms out there.
How do you do it?
Does meal planning help?
Does anyone have a good website for finding simple meal ideas?
What about a must-have cookbook?
I’m lucky enough that I can pretty much eat whatever and not work out and body-wise, not much changes. I know it won’t always be this way so I’m trying to establish good habits now. I was doing so well until Archie.
|We do a lot of this.|
I will say that I have been walking a lot more. Obviously this isn’t nearly as good for me as my old-lady Step classes I usually take at the YMCA. But it’s not like I’m completely sedentary.
So does anyone have any tips for how to get things done, cook actual dinners, and maybe even get a work out in while keeping this adorable furball from eating my coffee table?
So far I’ve resorted to just carrying him around a lot. I’m worried that I’m screwing him up by doing that and really, he’s getting kind of heavy already.